Ideal for any on-call
professional, resident, or medical student, this best-selling reference
by Drs. Gregg A. Adams, Stephen D. Bresnick, Jared Forrester, and Graeme
Rosenberg covers the common problems you’ll encounter while on call
without direct supervision in the hospital. On Call Surgery, 4th Edition, fits perfectly in your pocket, ready to provide key information in time-sensitive, challenging situations. You’ll gain speed, skill, and knowledge with every call - from diagnosing a difficult or life-threatening situation to prescribing the right medication.
- Highlights medications, doses, and critical information in a second color for fast reference.
- Features a logical, highly templated format so you can locate key information quickly.
- Delivers consistent, easy-to-follow coverage of the most common on-call problems and approaches,
including what to do from the initial phone call, questions you should
ask to assess the urgency of each situation, "Elevator Thoughts," how to
immediately identify major threats to life, what to do at the bedside,
and how to avoid common mistakes for every call.
- Provides updated content and references, as well as an up-to-date drug formulary, keeping you on the cutting edge of current, evidence-based information.
- NEW! Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.